Posted by Energy on 2010-10-27 16:21
In my spare time I've been planning a fanedit of the film, titled 'Northern Lights' - I've made rough versions of this but I'm currently working on a version that is technically a lot better and a better viewing experience. I'm going to list a few changes for how my edit is different. I'm not going to list all my sources for footage yet - but I will be soon, along with screen shots of my edit.
So here is a quick overview of the edits that I have and plan to incorperate:
- A quote from paradise lost at the beginning (like the books)
- A new introduction to the movie, some of this will be storyboards mixed with footage
- Lord Asriel's speach in the retiring room is slightly extended
- Mrs Coultler and Lyra talking in the dinning room is slightly extended
- The Master does not refrence the Golden Compass
- The Master gets captured by the Magestrium
- A few extra shots of Lyra in London
- Lord Asriel being captured in the north is extended and edited
- A few extra shots inside the Magesterium
- Some extra audio has been added with pan seeing Iorek
- When Lyra is captured and taken by the Sameyods she's taken to Bolvangar instead of the Bears
- New shots have been added inside Bolvangar
- Mrs Coultler discussing Lord Asriel has been edited
- Lyra escaping Bolvangar has been extended
- There's an added scene of Sereffina and Lee Scorsby talking in the balloon
- Lyra falls out the balloon and is captured by Bears, and is taken to the Ice palace
- After the bear fight, a version of the ending is shown using clips from the film, preproduction work, and much more...
There are loads more scenes that I haven't been able to edit back in to the film, but these will be listed here in due course. I hope to put up soon a more complete version of the ending, but till then...